Engineering Manager at Trunk Club February 2012 - Present
- Lead 20 engineers on the Customer and Back Office teams. The Customer team is responsible for the Web, iOS, and Android applications that enhance the customer's experience, and the web services that support them. The Back Office team is responsible for the tools and services that support the finance, operations and custom tailoring teams.
- Joined at a critical time in the growth of the tech team, having grown from 4 people to the current 70, and have helped with all that accompanies such rapid growth: maintaining a great culture, ensuring speed and quality of delivery, continuously improving processes such as CI and CD, recruiting, improving the interview and hiring process.
- Day-to-day duties involve coding (iOS/Ruby), pairing and code reviews, increasing efficiency and removing roadblocks. Responsible for the overall planning, execution, and success of complex technical work, and participate in the prioritization of team backlogs. Manage performance reviews, recruit and hire new talent for my teams.
- Built the mobile team for Trunk Club, allowing us to build and support a larger number of applications. Contributed to the development of several internal and external iOS applications: our warehouse picking and packing iOS app, our stylist companion iOS app, a custom tailoring iOS app, and our customer Android app, to name a few.
- Previous projects have included transitioning from a monolithic Rails application architecture to an SOA/messaging-based architecture, the creation of internal applications to support operations, an internal CRM to replace Salesforce, and an internal shopping tool for salespeople.
Senior Director, Corporate Marketing at Liquidity Services, Inc (NASDAQ: LQDT) 2007 to 2011
- Led strategy and managed team for entire goWholesale division (an online B2B search engine), with P&L responsibility and successful track record of significantly boosting sales and marketing performance while generating operational efficiencies.
- Achieved the highest revenue in the division’s history and brought the division to profitability.
- Defined the product roadmap, working with the technology team to ensure quality and delivery. Launched new online products to diversify the offering, from specifications to the launch strategy.
Program Manager at buySAFE 2006 to 2007
- Wrote the specifications for the buySAFE API and advocated its implementation with ecommerce partners.
- Implemented the company’s internal and external project management solutions.
- Designed and developed two new websites to facilitate integrations with distribution partners.
Manager, Marketing and Business Development at Liquidity Services, Inc (NASDAQ: LQDT) 2005 to 2006
- Managed marketing efforts for goWholesale.com.
Founder and General Manager at Stahr 2003 to 2005
- Managed P&L and staff, and oversaw all operations and sales & marketing efforts for France’s first diet meal home delivery service. Exceeded revenue goals by 20% for the first two years before selling the company
Consultant at Ulysses
Web Developer 2000 to 2001
- For client 800Wine.com, developed an e-commerce website and designed shopping cart, content management tools, back-end/administration with ColdFusion and MS SQL database.
Marketing Manager 1999 to 2000
- For client Hypernix, developed innovative marketing strategies and alliances and offered new services to increase user base for U.S. launch; increased ROI through efficient marketing tactics.