Engineering Manager at Trunk Club February 2012 - Present
- Lead the engineering teams responsible for the Web, iOS, and Android applications that enhance the customer's experience, and the web services that support them.
- Day-to-day duties involve coding (iOS), pairing and code reviews, increasing efficiency and removing roadblocks. Responsible for the overall planning, execution, and success of complex technical work, and participate in the prioritization of team backlogs. Manage performance reviews, recruit and hire new talent for my teams.
- Built the mobile team for Trunk Club, allowing us to build and support a larger number of applications. Contributed to the development of several internal and external iOS applications: our warehouse picking and packing iOS app, our stylist companion iOS app, a custom tailoring iOS app, and our Member Android app, to name a few.
- Previous projects have included transitioning from a monolithic Rails application architecture to an SOA/messaging-based architecture, the creation of internal applications to support operations, an internal CRM to replace Salesforce, and an internal shopping tool for salespeople.
- Joined at a critical time in the growth of the tech team, having grown from 4 people to the current 60, and have helped with all that accompanies such rapid growth: maintaining a great culture, ensuring speed and quality of delivery, and continuously improving processes such as CI and CD.
Senior Director, Corporate Marketing at Liquidity Services, Inc (NASDAQ: LQDT) August 2007 - October 2011
- Led strategy and managed team for entire goWholesale division (an online B2B search engine), with P&L responsibility and successful track record of significantly boosting sales and marketing performance while generating operational efficiencies.
- Achieved the highest revenue in the division’s history and brought the division to profitability.
- Defined the product roadmap, working with the technology team to ensure quality and delivery. Launched new online products to diversify the offering, from specifications to the launch strategy.
Program Manager at buySAFE July 2006 - August 2007
- Wrote the specifications for the buySAFE API and advocated its implementation with ecommerce partners.
- Implemented the company’s internal and external project management solutions.
- Designed and developed two new websites to facilitate integrations with distribution partners.
Manager, Marketing and Business Development at Liquidity Services, Inc (NASDAQ: LQDT) April 2005 - July 2006
- Managed search engine marketing and optimization efforts; created direct mail and email campaigns; ran affiliate program.
Founder and General Manager at Stahr January 2003 - May 2005
- Managed P&L and staff, and oversaw all operations and sales & marketing efforts for France’s first diet meal home delivery service. Exceeded revenue goals by 20% for the first two years before selling the company
Consultant at Ulysses November 1999 - Febarury 2002
Web Developer April 2000 – July 2001
- For client 800Wine.com, developed an e-commerce website and designed shopping cart, content management tools, back-end/administration with ColdFusion and MS SQL database.
Marketing ManagerNovember 1999 – April 2000
- For client Hypernix, developed innovative marketing strategies and alliances and offered new services to increase user base for U.S. launch; increased ROI through efficient marketing tactics.